A wonderful and filling salad that works great as a side dish with fish or meat or can even be eaten on its own for a yummy lunch!
What you’ll need:
- About half a large cucumber cut into chunks (or if you can get your hands on some–Lebanese cucumber! Cut into small discs)
- Some halved cherry tomatoes
- Some red onion, thinly sliced
- About 1/3 cup of red or white quinoa, cooked and drained of water
- A loaf of bread (I used a whole wheat baguette but any nice loaf would do)
- Fresh mint, parsley, basil or any combination of fresh herbs!
- To season, olive oil, lemon and lime juice, salt and pepper
What to do:
In a bowl or on a large dish, toss the quinoa, cucumber, onion, tomato and herbs in some lemon and lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Cut the bread into large croutons. In a small frying pan, drizzle some olive oil and turn the heat up. Throw in the bread cubes and toss in the oil, frying for a few minutes until the bread is nice and crunchy but still a bit chewy.
Add the bread to the salad and toss well.
Serve and enjoy!