A warm and cozy soup, perfect for a sunday night!
What you’ll need:
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 cups of hot vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- Soya sauce
- 2 big cloves of garlic (pressed or finely chopped)
- 1 thumb of ginger (grated or finely chopped)
- Scallions (chopped)
- One fresh red chilli chopped or dried chili flakes
- One package of shitake mushrooms (or just regular mushrooms) sliced
What to do:
In a large soup pot, fry the garlic and ginger with the chilli and scallions in some oil on medium heat. When the everything sizzles and becomes fragrant, add the chicken–stir so the chicken is coated with the mixture and continue to stir until the chicken is nice and white on the outside.
Add the hot stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil and then let simmer. While the soup is simmering, fry the mushrooms in a very small amount of oil on high heat. This way the mushrooms will get nice and crispy!
Add the mushrooms to the soup. Season the soup with soya sauce, lime juice and salt and pepper. When the chicken is cooked through you’re ready to eat!