It might have a long ingredient list, but don’t hate–just go with it.
I promise, this salad will make all your dreams come true.
What you’ll need:
- I few handfuls of rocket (or other leaves — watercress etc)
- A few cherry tomatoes
- Some small shallot onions
- About 1 cup of quinoa (I mixed white and black quinoa, if you have 2 different colours of quinoa mix em’ up!)
- Chives (or other fresh herbs such as mint, coriander, or parsley)
- Some crumbled feta
- Some nuts or seeds (pumpkin seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds etc.)
- OPTIONAL: sprouted beans, crispy onions
- Other things you’ll need: Olive oil, honey, cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper
What to do:
Preheat the oven and prepare a baking sheet with greaseproof paper. Cut the tomatoes and the baby shallots into chunks and arrange on the sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, honey salt and pepper and roast for 30-40 minutes until it starts to get a little bit blackened.
Meanwhile cook the quinoa using a ratio of 1:2 (1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water) by bringing the quinoa to a boil and then letting it simmer until the water is absorbed and it’s sprouted.
In a large bowl arrange the other salad items except for the feta and crispy onions.
When the quinoa is finished, remove it and run it under cold water in a strainer to cool it off. Toss the quinoa with the leaves and beans. Once the onions and tomatoes are done add them as well–smush the onions so that the segments separate. Top with crispy onions and feta.
Drizzle with a little vinaigrette of olive oil, cider vinegar, lemon juice and honey or agave syrup. Season with salt and pepper.